Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spaghetti and Meatballs, just as good, but not exactly what you think..

My husband's absolute, hands down, favorite dish is spaghetti and meatballs! I found an amazingly easy homemade marinara, and for better or for worse, I can never go back to jarred!  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vfRqWOQEc  ) My Sicilian friend Mark walked me through making zucchini pasta for the first time.  I will show in pics below, but with the help of a mandolin with several extra parts, it was easy.  While roasting the tomatoes, shallots, & garlic, I go to work on the zucchini.  After grating the zucchini, you just sautee it in oil (coconut or olive) for 2-3 min, add s&p.  Put in a bowl, top with homemade marina (and then we added Trader Joe's veggie meatballs) & fresh grated parm.  Soooo Goood!!!  My husband actually says he likes it better than the traditional pasta, because it leaves him satisfied, but not "disgustingly full"..










No comments:

Post a Comment